Update 7

With the viscous fan gone, and the price of a new one from Landy Rover scaring me, I decided to modify an XF Ford Falcon one

Only thing required was to shorten the blades

The front propshaft copped a rebuild after I busted the uni-joints on our last trip

Both uni-joints replaced, and I used a steering boot this time


Edit – looking back at this today I’d probably just buy the original. It was a lot of work to do this and I don’t think it’s worth the work. However if you were to get into trouble in the outback I’m quite sure you could find a viscous fan for a Falcon easily enough.

Leave a Reply